[FRR announce] Kernel Bug with address retrieval

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Fri Jan 18 11:37:42 EST 2019

All -

The 4.20 linux kernel has a bug with sending link addresses to
user-space causing some of them not to be read.  The tl;dr; is that
after one skb of data sent up, the data is stopped from being sent.
If you have a small number of addresses assigned to a box, then you
will probably not notice a problem.   At this time I would not
recommend using linux kernel 4.20 for production network uses.  The
commit that fixes this is this:

commit 7c1e8a3817c55d73b27cc29b84075999c8894179