[cmaster-next] branches renamed/reorganised

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Tue Nov 29 10:58:47 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

after having a quick chat with Donald yesterday, I went ahead and
reorganised the branches on OSR's github:

- "master" (Quagga upstream) is now "quagga-master"

- "cmaster-next" is now "master"
  - this branch has the "vtysh-grammar" work from Cumulus merged.  this
    means a lot of new features to make the CLI easier and way less
    annoying to deal with!
  - the branch currently fails in dejagnu unittests due to some open
    issues
  - I have pushed some fixes to get this working, but the branch should
    now transfer into control as it is intended for the fork.

- "stable/2.0" is up
  - this is cmaster-next *without* vtysh-grammar, and will be the first
    release for the fork at some point.
  - Nothing is tagged yet as release candidate or so.
  - This is also intended to be under the rules for the new fork; at the
    same time I've taken responsibility and blame for pushing this
    forward :)
  - only bugfixes are now accepted for this branch as intended in the
    community document.

The intention is that this is also the future branch structure.

Cheers and hope to see everyone in a few minutes on the call,

-David