[dev] Heads-up for IS-IS development

Christian Franke chris at opensourcerouting.org
Sat Apr 15 11:01:22 EDT 2017

Hello,

On 04/04/2017 04:05 PM, Christian Franke wrote:
> just to provide a heads-up, I am currently working on some enhancements
> to the FRR IS-IS implementation, in the first place there is the
> addition of MT support according to RFC5120.

There has been some progress on this. There is a tree at

https://github.com/opensourcerouting/frr/tree/vol-isis-mt

which provides the MT implementation. While the MT implementation itself
is fairly complete and should support any number of topologies, there is
currently little flexibility in the import/export of ip reachability
information: if the ipv6-unicast topology is enabled, it will be used to
flood and calculate ipv6 forwarding information as it is commonly done
on other platforms. I will look into the current work on OSPF multi
topology to see if/how we could do this with more flexibility.

The branch also requires some cleanup and a few more knobs, but it might
already be interesting to play around with/look at. If you do, I would
be glad about any feedback that you can give.

All Best,
Christian