[dev] pimd MSDP

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Thu Apr 20 08:35:55 EDT 2017

Evgeny -

(First I would suggest that you subscribe to the dev alias, else I get
to keep approving your posts)

So I think you are really asking 'Is anyone working on expanding FRR's
PIM MSDP implementation?', I thought you were originally asking for
more detailed output or something like that.  I am still not aware of
anyone who is doing work along these lines.

Cumulus Hat:
After this internal Cumulus cycle we will be working on PIM and making
it VRF aware.  Beyond that I cannot speak for what Cumulus may do
without further feedback cycles from our sales and marketing.

Putting back on my maintainer hat: We would welcome further
contributions from anyone though who wants to expand PIM's
capabilities.

PIM is certainly an interesting protocol and there still exists lots
of areas of improvement in the current design.  I do like this draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr/

and would love to see something like this implemented in PIM.  PIM
certainly is a very chatty protocol with interesting limits because of
that.

donald