[dev] evpn on ovs

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Tue Aug 22 16:19:15 EDT 2017

Using https://vincent.bernat.im/en/blog/2017-vxlan-bgp-evpn as a guideline,
I was able to get a test environment up and running.  I used brctl for local
bridging of test and vxlan interfaces.

I switched over to openvswitch using ovs-vsctl commands, and was
unsuccessful.

When running the following, I am missing a "Master (bridge) ifindex __"
line.  Everything else seems similar, well, other than Type showing up as
Ethernet rather than unknown.

Is there a bit of secret sauce to run this against openvswitch, or is this
not doable at the moment?  I havn't poked at the source code to see how the
interaction happens.

# sh inter vxlan10
Interface vxlan10 is up, line protocol is up
  Link ups:       0    last: (never)
  Link downs:     0    last: (never)
  PTM status: disabled
  vrf: Default-IP-Routing-Table
  index 10 metric 0 mtu 1500 speed 0
  flags: <UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>
  Type: Ethernet
  HWaddr: 2e:69:54:74:05:72
  inet6 fe80::2c69:54ff:fe74:572/64
  Interface Type Vxlan
  VxLAN Id 10 VTEP IP: 10.10.10.10 Access VLAN Id 1

--
believed to be clean.