[frr] Today's Technical Meeting Agenda

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Tue Jan 3 12:05:44 EST 2017

Meeting Notes:

1) Meeting Schedule?
    -> Weekly is fine for a bit longer.

2) Status -
   Still waiting for isis and ospfv6 fixes
   Lou found a new issue -> How bgp routes are withdrawn
      -> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-best-external-05
      -> Routes should be withdrawn when a better path is selected.
      -> Change in behavior and general chattiness have increased.

3) Access to the Repo -

FRR git access -> Maintainers team will have write access.  If you want access

GERRIT -> Allows git hub integration to do code review and some other
nice integrations

4)  Large Community -
   David has started the forward port of the large community.  Has cli
and memory issues.
   Some quick interop work has been done.  Not ready for stable/2.0 release.

5) Backoff algorithm ready for ISIS and is working for OSPF
    submit it now for master branch.

EVPN discussion for next week!

Donald -> Upgrade path for FRR.

Segment Routing for OSPF?  Who is doing it?  Orange is.
    -> patches are available but work still needs to be done on it.
    -> there is discussion on the IETF ospf list about this.

Time to send a message to quagga-dev to point people at FRR?  Once we
have RC-1 ready

donald