[frr] changing address-family vpn&encap config

Lou Berger lberger at labn.net
Thu Jan 12 08:53:26 EST 2017

Hi Philippe,

On 1/12/2017 8:46 AM, Philippe Guibert wrote:
> Hi all, hi Lou,
>
> I think this makes sense to use the new address-family definition for
> configuration.
>
> About configuration, this may lead to problems.
> Is it possible to have a compilation flag in order to maintain old
> style too ? ( like you demonstrated it for show commands ?).

I think reading is trivial and should be supported for now as the
default.  Output is clearly possible, but I'm concerned about the code
complexity & rot for a corner case.

> - That means that further developments will need to rely on this format.
yes.
> ( evpn will become l2vpn evpn ).
I think we should stick to the afi/safi's used in bgp - wherever that
leads us ;-)

> - Also on the issue mentioned, there are some bgp related commits, but
> I don't see vtysh changes.
> And there will be vtysh related changes.

I think the existing change set should be picked up by the pl script.
Certainly correct if we change address-family...

Lou