[dev] Topotests - Call for users

Rafael Zalamena rzalamena at opensourcerouting.org
Thu Jul 6 11:53:53 EDT 2017

Donald,

I ran topotest in a Fedora 25 (64bit) VM (using virtualbox) and it
worked. The only thing different from Ubuntu is that there is no RPM
for Mininet.

I'll attach and inline the script I used to install the requirements of
topotest in this e-mail (you can do it by hand or just execute it).

If you still have problems running topotest, because of some 'daemon
not running' errors, please try the usual:

* Check if the 'frr' and 'frrvty' users exist;
* Check the configure options (use "--with-pkg-extra-version=-my-ver"
to make sure it is the correct binary)
* Create and change owner of '/var/run/frr' to frr:frr

If it still doesn't work, please, send more details or find me in
Slack.

Regards,
Rafael

Em qua, 2017-07-05 às 17:03 -0400, Donald Sharp escreveu:
> fedora 24/25 or 26 do not work at the moment.
>
> donald
>
> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Martin Winter
> <mwinter at opensourcerouting.org> wrote:
> > On 5 Jul 2017, at 4:25, Donald Sharp wrote:
> >
> > > Rafael -
> > >
> > > Great work!  I hope this will help speed up adoption of using the
> > > topotests.  Has there been work on making topotests run in more
> > > env's
> > > then a ubuntu 16.04?
> >
> > Donald,
> >
> > any specific Distro you have in mind?
> > I think the mininet and the requirement of having recent packages
> > may make it painful, but I think we can try to get it on some other
> > newer distro’s (ie Debian 9?)
> >
> > So please no old Distro (no CentOS 6!), but other suggestions to
> > make
> > it work are welcome.

--- snip ---

#!/bin/bash

set -x

# Install openvswitch, python and devel as mininet deps
sudo dnf install python python-devel openvswitch
# Update pip
sudo pip install --upgrade pip
# Install pytest
sudo pip install pytest

# Enable openvswitch
sudo systemctl enable openvswitch
sudo systemctl start openvswitch

# Install mininet (stable 2.2.2)
(mkdir tmp; cd tmp/; \
	git clone --branch 2.2.2 https://github.com/mininet/mininet.git
; \
	cd mininet/util; ./install.sh -n)

# Install FRR
sudo groupadd -r -g 92 frr
sudo groupadd -r -g 85 frrvty
sudo adduser -r -g frr -d /var/run/frr -c "FRRouting suite" \
	-s /bin/false frr
sudo usermod -G frrvty frr
sudo dnf install \
	autoconf automake libtool json-c-devel readline-devel \
	c-ares-devel bison flex

git clone https://github.com/FRRouting/frr.git
cd frr; \
	./bootstrap.sh; \
	./configure \
		--prefix=/usr \
		--localstatedir=/var/run/frr \
		--sbindir=/usr/lib/frr \
		--sysconfdir=/etc/frr \
		--enable-vtysh \
		--enable-pimd \
		--enable-multipath=64 \
		--enable-user=frr \
		--enable-group=frr \
		--enable-vty-group=frrvty \
		--disable-doc \
		--with-pkg-extra-version=-my-manual-build; \
	make -j2 && sudo make install