[dev] Возможная блокировка github в Российской федерации / Possible blocking of github in the Russian Federation

Martin Winter mwinter at opensourcerouting.org
Wed Jul 19 22:55:00 EDT 2017

On 19 Jul 2017, at 10:27, Алексей Болдырев wrote:

> Обращаю внимание разработчиков и
> тестеров из России, что в России
> готовится закон о запрете
> анонимайзеров и VPN для частных лиц:
> https://www.linux.org.ru/forum/talks/13555716
>
> Также возможно то, что в России будет
> возможно заблокирован github, что
> создаст сложности разработчикам и
> тестировщикам из Российской
> федерации. По этому я предлагаю
> сделать копию кода FRRouting на локальный
> сервер, а также поддерживать этот
> локальный сервер.
> --
> I draw the attention of developers and testers from Russia that the
> law on banning anonymizers and VPN for private individuals is being
> prepared in Russia:
> Https://www.linux.org.ru/forum/talks/13555716
>
> It is also possible that github will be blocked in Russia, which will
> create difficulties for developers and testers from the Russian
> Federation. Therefore, I propose to make a copy of the FRRouting code
> on the local server, and also support this local server.

We are running a mirrors on our gitservers:
	https://git-us.netdef.org/projects/FRR		(US)
	https://git-de.netdef.org/projects/FRR		(Germany)

However, these are READ-ONLY (updated every hour) and don’t allow you
to do pull requests.
Also, no mirror of the Github Issues

I would be surprised if any government manages to block Github for a
long time - as I assume
there will be some serious pressure from the industry to allow access.

Regards,
    Martin Winter