[frr] 2 MPLS Questions

Jeff Tantsura jefftant at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 06:27:02 EDT 2017

That's only needed with label per VRF mode, and if I recall correctly in currently supported/discussed label per prefix mode where POP is followed by IP lookup in VRF context. IMHO - would be really bad (why repeat bad early IOS choices?)
The most optimal case for FRR would be label per NH allocation, where label lookup should yield fully resolved adj, withno need for additional lookup.
It would also support the case with >1 NH's in a VRF (multihoming).

There are some corner cases, like EIBGP LB + BGP FRR, however we are rather far away from that point in life...

Regards,
Jeff