[dev] A question about the # of vrf per router or switch can support by FRR?

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Nov 1 15:28:29 EDT 2017

Jeff -

I thought I was pretty careful in my reply.  I've seen testing of 64
vrf's and I consider that many vrf's hard to operationally deploy.  I
don't disagree with you that some PE's will deploy thousands of VRF's.
I was/am unwilling to claim vrf scaling until we get someone who
actually tries it out and possibly runs into some data structure
design flaw in FRR/kernel that we did not consider.  I actually think
it would be really interesting for someone to give it a shot, though!
It would provide valuable feedback to us!

donald