[dev] RFC compliance
sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Tue Aug 14 13:22:53 EDT 2018
Just off the top of my head:
1) Pretty much all command documentation is a simple `This does X`
without any discussion of what the feature is trying to do. Actual
work done to expand on what the commands are actually trying to do
would be more than useful.
2) We are missing a non-trivial number of commands from the
documentation. These need to be filled in at a `This does X` level of
documentation at the very least (see #1, and this is especially true
for BGP )
3) EVPN is not well documented at all, this could use some serious help.
4) route-maps documentation should be cleaned up and consolidated
across all daemons that use them, spelling out the supported sub
commands on a per daemon basis
5) Deployment guides would be useful.
6) ripng does not have any documentation
7) OSPFv3 is missing large swaths of documentation
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 12:38 PM, Christoffer Hansen
<netravnen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 18:15, Donald Sharp <sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com> wrote:
>> If you or Mike(or anyone for that matter )
>> would like to spend time helping us in this regards how can I help
>> make this happen?
> Do there exists a list of sections in the documentation we know is in
> the most serious need of being updated?
> I am asking. Because I know documentation writing is one thing I can
> help you with. If I have some general guide lines for which sections
> needs being updated.
More information about the dev