[dev] RFC compliance

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Tue Aug 14 13:22:53 EDT 2018

Just off the top of my head:

1) Pretty much all command documentation is a simple `This does X`
without any discussion of what the feature is trying to do.  Actual
work done to expand on what the commands are actually trying to do
would be more than useful.
2) We are missing a non-trivial number of commands from the
documentation.  These need to be filled in at a `This does X` level of
documentation at the very least (see #1, and this is especially true
for BGP )
3) EVPN is not well documented at all, this could use some serious help.
4) route-maps documentation should be cleaned up and consolidated
across all daemons that use them, spelling out the supported sub
commands on a per daemon basis
5) Deployment guides would be useful.
6) ripng does not have any documentation
7) OSPFv3 is missing large swaths of documentation

donald