[dev] Adding Python icinga/nagios plugin modules as their own repository in FRR?

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Wed Jan 3 10:00:56 EST 2018

> Patrick Velder is working on some python icinga/nagios plugin modules for
> status checking of BGP peers.  I'd like to add to next weeks technical
> discussion how we as a community would like to support this type of work.
> Possibly bringing it in as it's own Repository under FRRouting.

I am unsure as to the scope of Patrick's project, but ....

I use check_mk, which is, in effect, a python wrapper around the nagios engine.

Check_mk installation packages provide a one stop integrated solution for monitoring (pnp4nagios for charts) and alerting (nagios built in engine).

It would be nice if this solution could integrate as a check_mk plugin.   And publishing it as a plugin there, may provide some visibility to the FRR project, if that is of value.

http://mathias-kettner.com/cms_check_plugins_catalog.html

I might be able to offer some assistance in making a flavor suitable for check_mk as there is a 'collection agent' side, a server decode portion, and a server presentation portion.  And I would like to get visibility into our bgp tables from check_mk, if that capability is available in Patrick's scripts ( are the scripts currently public somewhere?)

--
believed to be clean.