[dev] Static VRF Route Leaking

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Tue Jan 23 08:36:54 EST 2018

All -

I'd like to thanks Philippe Guibert, Lou Berger, Renato Westphal and
Russ White working with me to get static route leaking into the FRR
code base on master.  To configure:

vrf DONNA
  ip route 4.3.2.1/32 99.1.2.3 nexthop-vrf EVA
!
vrf EVA
  ip route 9.1.2.3/32 44.3.2.4 nexthop-vrf DONNA
!

These two commands create a static route that leaks the nexthops into
the appropriate vrf's.

At this point in time, BGP has not been modified to take advantage of
vrf route leaking in the traditional manner, but the underpinnings in
zebra and the zapi protocol are now there.

donald