[dev] BGP Route Leaking for VRF-Lite and VPN's

Lou Berger lberger at labn.net
Tue Jan 23 13:40:27 EST 2018

Hi

On 1/23/2018 12:09 PM, Philippe Guibert wrote:
> Hi Donald, Lou,
>
> I could not attend the meeting.
> Are there any notes, or presentation that could explain what will be
> the strategy with BGP ?

We're headed towards supporting VRF-lite route leaking and L3VPN over
MPLS, with both using common RT and BGP VPN constructs.  Donald taking
the lead on the zebra additions and Paul Z doing the bgp code changes.
Vivek is also looking at cli and will propose a revised syntax.  The
syntax Paul is currently looking towards can be found at the top of [1],
but again this is not finalized.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w_ie2tNXCgn0N3ZNFGYTK6lJkwMmk_XN5yz33MMNNqM/edit#
> On a separate work, I came to face the issue where I need to redirect
> flow to a specific VRF, based on route target input.
> I was wondering if that work was crossing or not.

I suspect yes.  How is the flow encapsulated over the core?

Lou