[dev] FRR vrf, multi-instance

Jia Chen jchen1 at paloaltonetworks.com
Thu Jun 28 20:11:41 EDT 2018

Hi Marc,

Yes, (b) is referring L3VPN, or EVPN or VPN cases.
(c) Refer to RIB separation case

From your email, can I imply that FRR VRF cover both (b) and (c) cases ?

Thanks,
Jay

On 6/28/18, 2:41 PM, "Marc Binderberger" <marc at sniff.de> wrote:

    Hello Jay,

    just for my understanding: in (b), do you want to say "VPN is both ..." ?  I
    don't see why a 'VRF' requires any BGP/RT/RD. At least not in the way I'm
    used to use the term VRF.

    VPNs use VRFs though.

    Would have connected the term 'VRF' with (c), quite literally as "virtual
    routing and forwarding".

    Words ... :-)

    Regards, Marc