[dev] FRR vrf, multi-instance

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Thu Jun 28 20:32:22 EDT 2018

Jia -

The concept of a logical router( or virtual router) is closely
tied(mirrored) to linux namespaces concept.  Currently if you want
complete process separation I would suggest creating a name space and
running separate instances of FRR in it( look at the startup options
to point FRR at different locations for config and runtime files to do
this )

If you want to run one instance of FRR across multiple namespaces
there would need to be work done here, but is possible.

donald