[dev] Question about EVPN route types

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Mon Mar 26 18:52:26 EDT 2018

I believe some vendors have plans for adding more evpn types.  I
cannot speak for them regarding their time schedules.

For FPM build FRR with `--enable-fpm` added on the configure line.
Zebra FPM has two choices for fpm forwarding netlink or protobuf
forwarding.  If you want protobuf, use '--enable-protobuf` in
configure, else only netlink is used as a communication medium.  To
load the appropriate module use -M fpm:netlink or -M fpm:protobuf

donald