[dev] Northbound API - Presentation this Friday

Olivier Dugeon olivier.dugeon at orange.com
Fri May 18 04:06:01 EDT 2018

Hello Renato,

Very nice support. As mention before, unfortunately I could not attend the meeting today, so here it is my remarks and questions:

  * First I fully support your proposal. I'm very happy to see Yang / Netconf / Restconf sup_p_ort coming for FRR and I'm very impatient to test it
  * Regarding the amount of work, I'm ready to help (at least for my patches)
  * Regarding sysrepo or ConfD, I have no particular opinion
  * Regarding transactional CLI, I think this feature must become the default one with 'commit' command that check the syntax. In addition, when you preform some CLI configuration, it is sometimes preferable to have all the modification apply at once instead of applying step by step, just to avoid bad effect between the different modifications
  * Concerning the show command, I think that you could collect information through a simple HTTP GET with Restconf. It is working like that in OpenDayLight for example
  * Last question: do you know if there is some 'yang tools' available with lbyang in order to help us building new CLI / features .i.e. generating automatically structure skeleton ? I'm referring to the OpenDayLight project where you start first by writing a yang model which then produce Java Class automatically through the yang tools provided by OpenDayLight. For example, in FRR, such tools could automatically generate 'C' structure in *.h file for parser and serializer of protocol, CLI ...

I wish a nice presentation and will read carefully the minutes.

Regards

Olivier