[dev] A question about RFC 5512

Lou Berger lberger at labn.net
Wed Nov 14 16:27:04 EST 2018

Hi

Sorry about the slow response.  The bgp code has full support for 5512, and
the code has been tested in controller only configurations using rfapi.
(Donald is 100% correct about no zebra or data plane support in the frr code.)

The code contains support for both encap attribute and safi, per 5512 and
5566. To my knowledge we are the only ones to implement encap Safi - I
recommended deprecating the encap Safi and this was agreed to in the encap
update.  This said, there has been discussions at the last two IETFs
related to a "sdwan" that is basically the same as encap Safi so it may
still be relevant.

Lou