[dev] FRR and VPP, using bgpd

John Biscevic John.Biscevic at bahnhof.net
Wed Oct 17 04:44:40 EDT 2018

Hello,

I had previously gone through the process of using FRR and VPP to pass host-destined TCP traffic northbound so that FRR can handle any BGP traffic. However, it seems there have been changes to how the vppsb plugin works with VPP, as there's no longer syntax to specifically define that TCP traffic can be sent upwards.

I'm going through a process of potentially modifying the plugin so that it forwards not only ICMP and OSPF, but TCP, too, which is a hassle in itself.

Do we have any currently existing ideas or solutions to pass TCP traffic to FRR so that we can do BGP?

Kind regards,
John Biscevic