[dev] Bgpd 5.0.1 gets killed by watchdog timeout

François francois.serman at corp.ovh.com
Thu Sep 20 11:03:16 EDT 2018

Hi Donald,

first, thank you for the heads up!

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 02:10:12PM -0400, Donald Sharp wrote:
> So this appears to be a basic assumption in watchfrr.c that zebra is
> being started.

Great spot! I feel stupid, but I didn't figure it out.

> Since it looks like you are going to run BGP as a
> Route Reflector, I would recommend adding `zebra=yes` to your
> `/etc/frr/daemons` file and making sure you create your bgp instance
> as a view to avoid passing data to zebra.

Well it's not exactly a RR, but at some point zebra could/should be turned on.
I'm not familiar with the view thing, but I get the idea. I'll dig into that.

> In the meantime we need to have a bit of a discussion about
> whether or not this makes sense to continue having
> watchfrr.c assume that zebra must be running.

Well, would that be stupid to parse the daemons file, and only check those who
have a "yes" value?
If so, I would like to dig into it.

Thanks again!

--