[dev] some questions about zebra in frr

sudhanshu kumar sudhanshu22 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 06:51:04 EDT 2019

Hi,
I have 2 questions about zebra in frr.
1. why do we maintain 2 types (source and destination route type) in zebra.
I am not sure what source route type means ? Is it the source of the route
(like the packet source or the neighbor from which the route got learnt) ?
2.  How does frr routing stack interact with SONIC platform. I see that it
has a TCP socket with SONIC which it uses to send messages for all
protocols. Is it true ?

Thanks,
Sudhanshu
I would like to know how does frr routing stack interact with SONIC
platform. I see that it has a TCP socket with SONIC which it uses to send
messages for all protocols. Is it true ?

Thanks & Regards,
Sudhanshu