[dev] Disco package?

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Sat Aug 3 09:45:15 EDT 2019

On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 01:27:11PM +0000, Mario Santana wrote:
> On 8/3/19 9:17 AM, David Lamparter wrote:
> > You should be able to install the Debian 10 package on Ubuntu 19.04.
>
> I actually tried this before - the package seems to require libreadline7, while
> the default repos for disco only have libreadline5 and libreadline8.

Ah, meh, last time I checked this still worked but that was >3 months
ago.

> It's no emergency for me, I've built frr from source using
> libreadline8-dev, and it seems to be running fine in the lab, but just
> FYI.

Yeah -- you should be able to build FRR packages on most Ubuntu, Debian,
Devuan, and possibly other Debian derivative releases of the past ~4
years at least.  That said, I'll throw disco on the list to consider for
deb.frrouting.org, you're not the first person to ask for it.

Cheers,

-David