[dev] Solaris and FRR

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Aug 21 07:58:12 EDT 2019

All -

During yesterday's weekly technical meeting we discussed solaris and
FRR.  The FRR CI system uses Omnios, and over the last year or so with
the increased usage of external libraries it has started to become
extremely hard to keep Omnios in a working state.  With the additional
major rework of the zebra data plane it is becoming apparent that not
having a built up test system for that platform we are running the
risk of letting Solaris compatibility become woefully out of date.
One of the options discussed was dropping Solaris but before we do so
we wanted to gauge community interest/usage of FRR on solaris
platforms and would like to hear opinions from people on this matter.

thanks!