[dev] Northbound changes discussion - MOM 13/12/2019

Santosh P K sapk at vmware.com
Wed Dec 18 10:50:09 EST 2019

For meeting today below are the points we can discuss.

1. Yang mount support in libyang was asked late 2018 but there are no plans to get it done by 2019, not sure about plans in 2020 https://github.com/CESNET/libyang/issues/691.
2. Currently we have augmented routing protocols under VRF which is FRR defined. With this we cannot keep IETF name in Yang file since we have modified it and hence may need to change it. Disadvantage of this approach is that all the protocols are forced under VRF.
3. Do not edit IETF routing yang and augment routing with a leafref to VRF. With this currently we have type and name as the key for routing protocol list and name should be unique for each VRF in the list for same protocol.
4. Do not edit IETF routing yang and augment routing with leaf name to leafref to VRF. This we are still trying to see if we can really do this.

Thanks
Santosh P K