[dev] To support Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute in BGP

Lou Berger lberger at labn.net
Mon Mar 25 05:02:18 EDT 2019

Hi,

Do you know of any implementation of encap safi?  The last time I
checked FRRouting/Quagga had the  only one?

RRouting has/had support for both the encap SAFI (RFCs 5512 and 5566)
and encap attribute.  Support for the safi was disabled, see [1], in
anticipation of the encap safi being deprecated by the IETF in
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-11

Just reverse these changes if you want to experiment with encap safi.

This said, there have been some proposals in the IETF for 'SD-WAN'
related extensions that could use encap safi, but they are currently
proposing a new safi...

Lou

[1] commit 2d828a0c671bdac6299cf3cde2b66e3589b47c60
Merge: db64fac49 1ec1afd6c