[dev] About RFC 7854

Sebastian Z. j.sebastian at ais.cmc.osaka-u.ac.jp
Thu May 23 03:54:27 EDT 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope you are doing well, and thank you for the development of FRR.

My name is Sebastian, I am a researcher currently working on SDN between
internet domains.

For this I was looking at the BGP Monitoring Protocol as defined on the
RFC7854, and I would like to kindly ask if there is any ongoing project
for the inclusion of this protocol into the FRR implementation, or maybe
in the future.

I believe it is a very handy protocol for traffic engineering and BGP,
but unfortunately there is no implementation among software routers,
just in Cisco IOS, JuNOS, etc.

I appreciate in advance your attention and advice.

Kind Regards,

Sebastian