[dev] fd80 prefix allocation

Tran (US), Katherine K katherine.k.tran at boeing.com
Tue Apr 21 16:42:03 EDT 2020

I did see that response. But, I wanted to know if there was a change made in FRR from Quagga. Since with Quagga, the routes displayed the Unique Local address – not the Link Local. We need the addresses to be routable Unique Local addresses (with the fd80 prefix), but link local addresses are not. Someone did explain to me that I could set route maps for “prefer global”. But, the scenario still does not seem to be working.

I was just trying to see if someone else had any other insight between the difference of Quagga and FRR regarding this matter.

Thanks,
Katherine