[dev] my second question

Mike Mazarick mike.mazarick at virtudatacenter.com
Tue Jan 21 08:12:40 EST 2020

I typed:

mazarick at virtusecure:~$ sudo frr.bgpd-debug

[sudo] password for mazarick:

I got:

2020/01/21 07:49:16 errors: BGP: [EC 100663303] Could not lock pid_file
/var/snap/frr/87/bgpd.pid (Resource temporarily unavailable), exiting.
Please ensure that the daemon is not already running

I did some looking.  The daemon is running and the file that controls it
(/var/snap/frr/87bgpd.id) is a zero length file.

-HELP!!

I want to thank Eric Frazier for assistance getting me this far by using
"sudo snap install frr" and Phil Wiggins for pointing out PPA problems from
my previous efforts (before I was on this mailing list).  I asked Phil for
the name of the command, but I figured it out.

Mike Mazarick