[dev] CLI configuration format for the new SR-TE daemon with PCEP

olivier.dugeon at orange.com olivier.dugeon at orange.com
Mon Nov 30 19:32:53 UTC 2020

Hello Sebastien,

After looking to Juniper and Cisco CLI for PCE, I found that Juniper used the "protocol pcep { pce <server_name> { destination-ipv4-address ... }" syntax, and Cisco used the "mpls-traffic pce peer ipv4 address ... " syntax for RSVP and "segment-routing pcc pce address ipv4... " for Segment Routing. Well, it is not because Cisco is using different syntax for the same purpose (certainly not the same developers) that we must do the same error.

So, instead of 'pcc peer ...' why not using 'peer ...' directly and 'pce' instead of 'pce-peer' when describing the PCE characteristics ?

Regarding the metric constraints, the 'pcep' tag sound strange for me. Indeed, the same constraints could be applied to a local computation without the need of the PCEP session. So,I would prefer to skip the 'pcep' tag and directly used the metric, objective-function ... tag for the syntax.

Regards

Olivier

--
Orange logo <http://www.orange.com>