[FROG] How to configure RFC 4364 (BGP/MPLS) VPNs with FRR/bgpd

Ashvin Lakshmikantha ashvin.lakshmikantha at ericsson.com
Wed Feb 28 22:45:11 EST 2018

HI Aman,

                Actually the configuration is a two step process.

First, we need to create a vrf-policy under router bgp like so

vrf-policy cust0

  label 1357

  nexthop 15.44.4.165

  rd 437:612

  rt import 452:424

  rt export 516:943

  exit-vrf-policy

!

vrf-policy cust1

  label 1730

  nexthop 171.40.184.82

  rd 66:33

  rt import 906:551

  rt export 890:543

  exit-vrf-policy

!

vrf-policy cust2

  label 32639

  nexthop 189.2.178.92

  rd 14:619

  rt import 904:272

  rt export 233:507

  exit-vrf-policy

Then you need to exit the router bgp configuration and add routes to a particular vrf using add command

add vrf cust0 10.30.40.89

Note that the cust0 name must be the same value defined under vrf-policy. Currently, the next hop is defined on a per vrf basis. This is a known limitation.

Thanks,
Ashvin