[FROG] Help: how to enable RPKI in FRR 5?

Paco Moreno pc.moreno2099 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:01:52 EDT 2018

Hi there,

I've been trying to configure FRR 5.0.1 (downloaded from Github releases
https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/releases/download/frr-5.0.1/frr-5.0.1-2018070501.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm)
and also 5.1 (manually built as RPM from master branch) to use RPKI. Both
cases in CentOS 7; there's no problem compiling nor executing the service
with the zebra and bgpd daemons active. But when I try to use the rpki
configuration (http://docs.frrouting.org/en/latest/bgp.html#enabling-rpki),
this is not recognized by the application.

For example, if I place the conf at the bgpd.conf file like the example (
http://docs.frrouting.org/en/latest/bgp.html#rpki-configuration-example)
nothing happens since the configuration seems to be unrecognized. After
that, I've tried to configure the rpki from the terminal (using "vtysh" or
by "telnet"), like this (multiple forms, probably a little desperate):
bgp# rpki
% [BGP] Unknown command: rpki
bgp# conf term
bgp(config)# rpki
% [BGP] Unknown command: rpki
bgp(config)# router bgp 1
bgp(config-router)# rpki
% [BGP] Unknown command: rpki

I don't know if I'm missing something or what to do, could somebody here
help me with this please?

Best regards,
Francisco Moreno