[FROG] DMVPN NHRP assitance

Felipe Arturo Polanco felipeapolanco at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:45:12 EDT 2018

I could move forward from this issue by reinstalling strongswan and using
strongswan-swanctl service, apparently I was not using the patched version,
I noticed that because the vici_query.c file I had in the source was
different than the one in the patched repo.

Now I am seeing something quite strange.

I get both spoke and hub to establish an IPSec sessions and SA are being
established, I do see the Spoke sending registration message to the hub, I
see the Hub receiving it and sending back a reply but the reply never gets
to the spoke.

Also the message counter in the SA statistics doesn't go up after a few
messages.

The IP of the spoke gets installed in the hub routing table but I cannot
ping it, if I try it, it comes with this error:

ping: sendmsg: invalid argument

I notice this happens as soon as the hub adds the route of the /32 host in
its routing table, after that point communication is broken between hub and
spoke and the hub's reply message never gets into the IPsec tunnel nor any
other packet.

Any ideas about this?

Thanks,