[FROG] BGP unnumbered

Madhu informmadhu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 20:51:51 EDT 2018

Hi,

   Is the bgp unnumbered feature broken from version 5.0? I checked in
version 6 , I see the bgp neighborship established with unnumbered and if I
advertise the routes its showing ipv4 address as next hop instead of
interface ID/IPv6 Link local. Below are the show outputs and the running
configurations of one of the system. Can somebody please help me out? Am i
missing something?

```
show ip bgp summary

IPv4 Unicast Summary:
BGP router identifier 3.3.3.3, local AS number 65535 vrf-id 0
BGP table version 0
RIB entries 1, using 160 bytes of memory
Peers 2, using 41 KiB of memory
Peer groups 2, using 128 bytes of memory

Neighbor        V         AS MsgRcvd MsgSent   TblVer  InQ OutQ  Up/Down
State/P
fxRcd
br200           4      65001      79      87        0    0    0 00:09:08
    0
br10            4      65002     119     106        0    0    0 00:08:09
    1
```

```
show ip bgp
BGP table version is 0, local router ID is 3.3.3.3, vrf id 0
Status codes:  s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, =
multipath,
               i internal, r RIB-failure, S Stale, R Removed
Nexthop codes: @NNN nexthop's vrf id, < announce-nh-self
Origin codes:  i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete

   Network          Next Hop            Metric LocPrf Weight Path
   40.1.1.0/24      4.4.4.4                  0             0 65002 i
```

```
interface lo100
 ip address 3.3.3.3/32
!
router bgp 65535
 bgp router-id 3.3.3.3
 bgp bestpath as-path multipath-relax
 bgp bestpath compare-routerid
 neighbor fabric peer-group
 neighbor fabric remote-as 65001
 neighbor fabric capability extended-nexthop
 neighbor fabric1 peer-group
 neighbor fabric1 remote-as 65002
 neighbor fabric1 capability extended-nexthop
 neighbor br200 interface peer-group fabric
 neighbor br10 interface peer-group fabric1
 !
 address-family ipv6 unicast
  neighbor fabric activate
  neighbor fabric1 activate