[FROG] Failed to start frr.service: Unit frr.service not found

ian.2.oakley at bt.com ian.2.oakley at bt.com
Mon Dec 9 07:07:36 EST 2019

Hi,

I installed FRR on my Ubuntu virtual machine from source, hoping to use it with CORE for multicast routing with PIM.
However, I haven't been able to manage even that; when I attempt to start the FRR service (sudo service frr start)
I am given the error message in the subject (Failed to start frr.service: Unit frr.service not found.)
This is despite me running the command in my /frr/tools directory where frr.service is located.
Am I missing something here?

Best regards,
Ian Oakley