[FROG] Failed to start frr.service: Unit frr.service not found

Alexis Bauvin abauvin at scaleway.com
Mon Dec 9 08:10:20 EST 2019

Hi,

Yup, that’s why. The systemd service file is not dynamic and does not take into
account the actual install path. You may be able to use systemd to run frr as your
user, in your home, by modifying the paths in the service file. However, that is
not really what this service file is meant for.

Depending on how you configured your frr build, just changing the various paths of
the service might be enough. frrinit.sh might give you some trouble though, as this
script is rather huge and convoluted. Good luck!

Alexis

PS: don’t forget the ML in your CCs ;)