[FROG] Failed to start frr.service: Unit frr.service not found

Alexis Bauvin abauvin at scaleway.com
Tue Dec 10 10:33:39 EST 2019

Hi Ian,

That’s because you did not follow all the steps specified. You’re missing the FRRVER
variable definition. You can pick one of "frr-stable", "frr-7", "frr-6" (stable and 7
being equivalent for now, as 7 is the latest major version). Say you want the stable
channel, you would type:

   FRRVER=frr-stable
   echo deb https://deb.frrouting.org/frr $(lsb_release -s -c) $FRRVER | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/frr.list

And don’t forget the FRRVER this time! You should get an output like (assuming you
want stable):

   deb https://deb.frrouting.org/frr bionic frr-stable

If so, you can apt-get update && apt-get install frr.

Regards,
Alexis

(again, re-send for ML due to wrong email)