[FROG] question for those that know

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 14:12:47 EST 2019

Greetings

It seems that I will be allowed to enter the 'modern' internet world
by next fall.
By that I mean that we are hopefully going to be able to have a direct
individual fiber connection.
That means that some things really need updating.

One of the bits of stuff I'm looking at is a managed switch.
Am finding that some such are built on ONIE which means that I get to
start on a Debian platform (goodie - - -  I'm already sorta
comfortable with that!).
What I don't know anything about and am really unsure of is - - - - is
FRRouting something that I can use to control run or otherwise use a
managed switch?

(Am really wanting to use open source software - - - - just quite
tired of being for sale on the other side.)

Hopefully the question isn't impertinent - - - - I don't know enough
about networking to know what to look for and the parts of FRR seem to
be the same list that is mentioned for a level 3 switch so - - - - -
help?

TIA