BABEL Problem on DEBIAN9 FRR

akÿfffffdn ak akinengineer at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 07:36:13 EST 2019

In the same LAB App I applied BABEL configuration on 4 FRR Node. When I ping to other end of the network. But packets cannot sent to destination.When I delete and then add default route of DEBIAN after that ping become successful.I have to do this frequently. (When ping unsuccessful FRR learn destination address from BABEL after adding the default route ping successful) Why could it be.

> I installed FRR on debian 9 on 4 VM.
> I have 4 node FRR.
> All of them have eigrp configuration.
> When I start ping test to 2 hop away FRR Router.
> Ping test successful.
> But when I shutdown the interface of 2 hop away FRR Router.
> Ping packets drop down.
> With no shut comand in destination interface.
> Ping successful again.
> But sometimes eigrpd daemon kill itself on FRR and I can not pinging again.
> I have to restart frr service on VM.
> But normally it should not work like that.
> Why this happen it in this scenario.
> I have to deliver packets to destination continuously.

Inan