[FROG] BGP Updates -- how often?

John Antypas jantypas at busygeeks.com
Fri Jan 4 13:50:56 EST 2019

OK - thanks to this list, I've made some progress,  but....

*  We've set up a VTI tunnel between the two PFSense boxes -- it works
* We have BGP enabled and when both ends are started up, the BGP routes are exchanged and then given to each side's OSPF
* Everything works, routing-wise -- things enter the kernel
BUT....
* After a while, it seems the receiving side loses the BGP routes -- if A publishes routes to B, B will lose the BGP routes.  I have to start both BGP processes again.   The processes were running before but I need to get the routes "re-published"
* Static routes never go away - they are published all of the time
Clearly, I am setting up something wrong.  OSPF does a flood every 10 seconds.  How often does BGP do its "updates"