[FROG] BGP L3VPN support

Heidi net heidinet2017 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 19:23:16 EDT 2019

Hello,

I am trying to migrate from IOX to FRR4.0.   I have a simple configuration of 2 VRFs: red and blue. No VRF route leaking is needed.

I know VRF route leaking was added to FRR5.0. But since I don’t do that.  Can FRR4.0 be used to

- Configure 2 VRFs for routes,  attach different RD/RT to routes, and advertise routes into corresponding VPNs with FRR4.0?
- Any configuration examples?

Below is the current Cisco configuration.

ip vrf red
 rd 100:101
 route-target export 200:101
 route-target import 200:101
!
ip vrf blue
 rd 100:201
 route-target export 200:201
 route-target import 200:201
!
interface Loopback101
ip vrf forwarding red
!
interface Loopback102
 ip vrf forwarding blue
!
router bgp 100
 neighbor 10.10.10.2 remote-as 200
 neighbor 10.10.10.2 update-source Loopback0
!
 address-family vpnv4
  neighbor 10.10.10.2 activate
  neighbor 10.10.10.2 send-community both