[FROG] Announcing the 7.5 release of FRR

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Mon Nov 16 13:48:08 UTC 2020

As an aside, if you are jumping major releases and upgrading to 7.5,
in 7.4 we had this major change in bgp behavior:

Major Behavior Changes
RFC 8212 is now enabled by default. BGP will not advertise or use
routes unless explicitly configured to do so with an export or import
policy.

If BGP is establishing peers, but not exchanging prefixes it is
because of this change in behavior.  To get around this, do one of
these things:

A) turn on `no bgp ebgp-requires-policy` under `router bgp` mode in your config
B) Apply route-maps to both incoming and outgoing neighbors:
     `neighbor X route-map FOO in`
     `neighbor X route-map BAR out`
C) Run FRR in datacenter mode where this policy is not turned on by default.

thanks!

donald