[FROG] Bugfix release for 7.5?

Cloud Operations operations at redmatter.com
Fri Aug 13 10:46:51 UTC 2021

Hi,

We are plagued lately with an issue where bgpd terminates quite frequently
out of the blue on one of our hosts. We weren't able to find anything in
logs, but eventually strace gave us some information:

[pid 13589] 10:04:47.905970 write(2</dev/null<char 1:3>>, "bgpd:
lib/zlog_targets.c:127: zlog_fd: Assertion `iovpos == 0' failed.\n", 71) =
-1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)

Searching Google only turned up this:
https://git.edevau.net/Ede_Vau/frr/commit/db2baed166581081db692fab0214752dbb121ed3

Looking at FRR's Github it looks like this has been fixed? If that is the
case are there plans to release this fix and if so when could we expect to
see a fixed version out?

For now we've increased the logging level to debug and currently monitoring
to see if that's a viable mitigation. Are there any known mitigations we
can try (if this doesn't work out)?

We are running FRR 7.5.1 on CentOS 7.

Kind regards

--

Natterbox Limited

Registered address: No 1 Croydon,
12-16 Addiscombe Road, Croydon CR0 0XT, UK

Company number: 06968249 VAT
number: 293 7488 48

This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential, intended solely for the use of the addressee and are not to
be used, disseminated, forwarded, printed or copied by any other person.
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Natterbox Limited unless specifically stated. If you
have received this communication in error, please accept our apologies and
promptly inform the sender by email or by telephoning the above number.
Please also immediately delete this message and any attachments from your
systems. Thank you. The files attached and/or any website linked to this
email may contain viruses which could damage your computer, Natterbox
Limited cannot accept liability for such damage.