[FROG] route-map continue

Joe Maimon jmaimon at jmaimon.com
Sun Feb 28 17:55:30 UTC 2021

Chriztoffer Hansen wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 at 08:36, Joe Maimon <jmaimon at jmaimon.com> wrote:
>> route-map contains the command continue
>>
>> Since it also contains the commands on-match goto and on-match next, I
>> suppose that continue is there for syntax compatibility with IOS.
> Personal disclaimer: Please do not assume 110 % 1:1 with Cisco IOS. ;)
I do not, however, in this instance (and perhaps many others) it would
clearly be a net positive to be compatible, as in its own right, the
syntax is more intuitive.

> The FRR docs - in my opinion - does a very decent job of explaining the syntax.
>
> https://docs.frrouting.org/en/latest/routemap.html#route-map-exit-action-command

Except that it does not accept the syntax, so that should be more
clearly recognizable as buggy.

>> IOS allows the continue command to be used with or without a next clause
>> number FRR does not.
> Not true according to the docs (use link above).
frr-7.7-dev

debian67# conf t
debian67(config)# route-map test per 10
debian67(config-route-map)# continue
% Command incomplete: continue
debian67(config-route-map)# continue 20
debian67(config-route-map)#

ios 15.5

noc12sw28rt23#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
noc12sw28rt23(config)#route-map test per 10
noc12sw28rt23(config-route-map)#continue
noc12sw28rt23(config-route-map)#no route-map test
noc12sw28rt23(config)#end
noc12sw28rt23#