[FROG] QOS Policy

jimc jimc at jfcarter.net
Wed Jun 9 19:17:21 UTC 2021

On 2021-06-08 22:24, Ramin Malekgahsemi via frog wrote:
> Hi Dear Firends I want Used Frr-routing For Policy and QOS and
> shaping for edge of my network For example 1G bit For voip or ......

> frr Can impelement QOS and detect Traffic VOIP and other traffic ????

I think you're saying you want to allocate bandwidth to various
services like VOIP.  I'm just a newbie but I didn't see parameters
for that in frr.  You might be interested in my insights about
handling that issue.  Very quick summary: make sure VOIP gets
priority to go out, but don't allocate; send out packets from
the hog flows whenever there's nothing waiting in the quick
response categories.  Which are recognized not by their port, but
because their bandwidth is low.

https://www.jfcarter.net/~jimc/documents/voip-qos-1609.html
James F. Carter   Email: jimc at jfcarter.net
Web: http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)