[FROG] No Path to RP address specified

owen s owen94012 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:23:02 UTC 2021

I am getting the above error when trying to add my rp address

(config)# ip pim rp 69.x.x.x
No Path to RP address specified: 69.x.x.x

but that's not correct. I have 3 interfaces, my configuration file below.

ip pim rp 69.x.x.x 224.0.0.0/4
service integrated-vtysh-config
!
interface ens4
 ip igmp
 ip igmp version 2
 ip pim
!
interface ipsec9
 ip igmp
 ip igmp version 2
 ip pim
!
interface t0
 ip igmp
 ip igmp version 2
 ip pim
!
line vty
!

I am able to ssh to the rp-address no problem, but frr cannot connect to
the routing path.

telnet 69.x.x.x 22
Trying 69.x.x.x ...
Connected to 69.x.x.x.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-2.0-Cisco-1.25

I created an ikev1 ipsec tunnel from my local machine to the remote
network, the interface shows the default 0.0.0.0 as the gateway and that
might be causing frr to show the error about no path to rp address.

Is there a way to allow frr to properly route through the 0.0.0.0 gateway?