[FROG] VPLS not working on Ubuntu 18 VM

abdelmuhaimen.seaudi at orange.com abdelmuhaimen.seaudi at orange.com
Wed Jan 19 09:14:59 UTC 2022

Hello,

I followed the tutorial, and configured 2 Ubuntu 18 VMs with frr OSPF + LDP + L2VPN VPLS.

Routing table is OK on the VMs, pseudowires created OK and UP.

I cannot see bridge br0 or interface mpw0, if I do “ifconfig” on the linux vm.

I tried pinging over the VPLS, but the frames coming from the host are not encapsulated in MPLS.

Is there a specific Linux setup necessary to enable the dataplane forwarding to work ?

Thanks

Abdel-Muhaimen Seaudi
Orange Innovation Egypt
Email: abdelmuhaimen.seaudi at orange.com