[dev] Renaming branch stable/3.0 to dev/3.0 ???

Martin Winter mwinter at opensourcerouting.org
Wed Apr 12 21:11:43 EDT 2017

Curious on an opinion here…

Our branches on the github seem to be confusing to newcomers. Most
people seem
to assume stable/3.0 branch (or master) is the one they should be
building from
for a stable version.

I don’t see much we can do about the master (except maybe update the
description
to make it clear that this is the most cutting edge version).

But I would propose we rename stable/3.0 to dev/3.0 until we get to a
more
“stable” version of it.

I’m also thinking about having some auto-merge of commits from the 3.0
branch
into master for the time being (at least for the non-conflicting
commits) to
keep master up to date.

Thoughts?

- Martin