[dev] Missing developer documentation

Quentin Young qlyoung at cumulusnetworks.com
Mon Dec 11 16:34:59 EST 2017

Just to add some background here—

My recollection is that we held the meeting Lou mentioned between the date of Olivier’s email (July 25) and August 8th. On August 8th, we merged the following pull request from David Lamparter:

https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/pull/929 <https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/pull/929>

Note my comment on this PR (#929) where I state my opinion on the need to make a decision on the docs format before merging RST. The comment was later edited (with the edited part marked) to state we had agreed on RST; as I recall, I did this because we agreed on RST in a meeting.

The current PR Lou referenced is this one:

https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/pull/1530 <https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/pull/1530>

In light of #929, referring to #1530 as “starting this change” may be a slight mischaracterization. My 2c.

Quentin